Now that my scripting language appears to be complete, it’s back onto the UI programming. Most of it is there, one thing remaining is the “Flowchart”. It’s not exactly a flowchart widget, more like a “nodes” widget. The idea is the eventually you’d be able to add new nodes, connect and disconnect them as you […]
As I was continuing to work on tools for the engine, I wondered why I’m not using an “in-engine” tool. Other engines often have things like the level editor in engine so as to avoid duplicate code-bases. I looked at my work on Noise Factory and realised that I had built a wrapper around my […]
I’ve been working on some new UI components, sliders and slider control groups. I’ve also put some more work into the actual UI look.
Fleet Battles is what I’m naming the miniature game that I’m making to realise the fleet warfare aspect of the game. I’m also doing it so that I actually complete something and hopefully gain some learning from it to then proceed with the rest of The Last Boundary. I’m sort of thinking that I may end […]
I’ve done a bit of refactoring of my UI code and brought it down a few hundred lines of code. I’ve also started noting the performance. Right now, a window with a table and a bit of text and another window with just text gets me around 500-550 fps. This is from a base of […]
I’ve been without the internet for a little while so I spent a good part of that time refactoring some of the UI code. I quickly identified a distinction between widgets that hold a single other widget, and widgets that contain many other widgets. These are Containers vs Layouts. Obviously a widget that holds one other widget […]
I’m pretty sure I’m now 99% complete with the scrolling boxes. There were a couple of bugs; one which was interesting. Because the box essentially draws its contents onto a render texture, the render texture created is the size of the screen. Then, as the box is scrolled, basically the region of this texture that’s […]
It’s badly coded and needs some fixing up; but it works: I’ve also been working on documentation of the UI system and need to complete that. It took far too long to complete the above because I had to keep going back over code to figure out what it was meant for.
It can never truly be 100% complete; but it’s pretty close. Cellpadding and cellspacing are in place as well as options to draw the borders. Elements are also positioned within their cell. Now that I’ve got some way to position elements I can start working on text boxes; then the very tricky scrollbars. I haven’t […]
I spent the bulk of my available time this weekend writing the code for the Table Layout. It ended up quite a bit different from the design; chiefly because I found there was no need for an abstract row. The TableLayout class itself handles all the row…ing. I just need to add some things like […]